Persophone N. Greek Mythololgy. Περσεφονη

The goddess queen of the underworld, wife of the god Hades, she was also the goddess of spring growth. Goddess halfway out of the dark.

This is a blog to chronicle my delv into the world of pole dancing being a plus sized girl.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Finding inspiration



So I haven’t started classes yet, I’m still waiting for my e-mail with my information packet containing the complete details of my win. But I got myself to thinking, I can’t possibly be the first plus sized girl who has wanted to pole dance, I just can’t! So I few Google searches later and I found several videos that are all amazing in their own ways.  Beautiful girls, full of confidence that  is inspiring.

Now not all of these are the kind of pole fitness or dancing that I want to do. And all of these girls have different body types (hell none of them have my body type) but all of them inspire me and invigorate me with a can do attitude. It doesn’t matter that I’m a plus sized girl! I can pole dance with the best of them!

Now some of the girls I’m sharing are not plus sized or barely plus size. I was training myself out of the idea that only a certain type of body can pole dance and all of these woman are different sizes and shapes and all of they are amazingly beautiful.

First I’ll post probably the most famous Plus Sized beauty, due to America’s Got Talent, the wonderful Lulu.

Another video of Lulu doing a whole routine

Now here are a few more beautiful woman doing amazing things!







And here is a really cool compilation of one woman’s pole journey from 2009-2011


And finally Roz “The Diva” talks about Poleseque as a plus sized woman and doing it with confidence, amazing photos in her video

And here just for good measure is The Diva actually preforming!

Wow! I feel inspired! Hopefully I am one  ½ as confidant and lovely as these ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment