Persophone N. Greek Mythololgy. Περσεφονη

The goddess queen of the underworld, wife of the god Hades, she was also the goddess of spring growth. Goddess halfway out of the dark.

This is a blog to chronicle my delv into the world of pole dancing being a plus sized girl.

Monday, November 19, 2012

Inspiration Today: Pole Duets





I think I am going to start a series of things that inspire me about pole dancing, things I look at with awe and amazement. Things to strive towards.

Today that thing is pole duets or doubles.



I was lucky enough to see two duets at the showcase I attended and both dances left me speechless with their beauty and emotion. Dancing with another person just shows so much trust and control. I think duets are the perfect way to show people that pole dancing is more than just being sexy, that pole dancing can be lyrical, athletic, beautiful and soulful. That it takes strength and practice to achieve, because when you are dancing with a partner you both have to know just what the other person is going to do and when so you don’t fall on your face. 



And trust. Did I mention trust? Yeah, well duets pole I think has to be all about trust.



Maybe it’s just me but I’m sure you gain powerful connections with the people you duet with, and I am a sucker for deep connections. I love the feeling of completely trusting another person, of being able to read each other perfectly. That is beautiful to me. I hope that someday I will be good enough that I can do a duet.


No comments:

Post a Comment