Persophone N. Greek Mythololgy. Περσεφονη

The goddess queen of the underworld, wife of the god Hades, she was also the goddess of spring growth. Goddess halfway out of the dark.

This is a blog to chronicle my delv into the world of pole dancing being a plus sized girl.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I have booked my first class!




November 25th! Look out world here I come! I can’t say how stoked I am, or how lucky I am to be having a friend join me for my intro to pole class.  Sure I would have gone anyway, but its always nice to have a friend when you venture into a new area and new experiences. So I am super thankful for that.

I also got the info on my winnings! It looks like I won: 

One 90 minuet Intro to Pole class (booked)
A 5 week workshop (one class a week, 75 minutes, they have workshops for all levels, obviously I’ll be beginner, lol)
A 4 week series (one class a week for 4 week, 75 minutes each, usually devoted to something specific, like spin pole or routines)

OMG! That seems like so much free pole!

So I think I should also take time to talk about what I hope pole will do for me.

·         I hope to gain more flexibility, I used to have amazing flexibility but lost it with laziness so I’m excited to start to work on that again
·         To gain muscle tone and trim fat, note I did not say lose weight, because that is not my goal (it will be a nice side benefit but seriously not the reason I am doing this)
·         Help me quit smoking, I’ve been saying I’m going to quit for ages but I never do, hopefully having an athletic outlet that I need breath support for will help me kick the habit
·         Having mad amounts of confidence, beacuse duh!
·         Work on having some sort of grace or rhythm, because right now I have none


So I’m glad I have something’s to work towards! I don’t like to start things without goals.

Now all I have to do is to go buy a yoga mat and a sports bra that can hold my epic girls in place and I am ready to go. I’ve very glad that on the site it says the beginning and intro to pole people can where capris or pants, I’m just not sure if I’m quite ready to shake my big booty in some booty shorts yet.beacuse I'm not going to lie, I think I still break out into a cold sweat at the thought of walking into the studio and feeling judged or worse being flat out laughed at. Honestly I don't think that will happen, honestly the girls I have meet are seriously very nice and amazing, but I can't get the thought out of my head. Stupid brain. But I'm going to walk in anyway! Because I Want to learn and I want to experience and i refuse to let my self doubt take that away from me.


No comments:

Post a Comment